6.18.2012

Jump Into 11 Years!

What a whirlwind week! Here we are almost a week after Sean's 11th birthday and I'm just able to sit down and write about it.

I'm so glad that Sean's birthday is in the summer. I can plan birthday parties in the middle of the week and not have to worry about school nights. We've gone to a couple of family birthday parties at Jump Around Utah and Sean begged me to let his birthday party be there this year. Against my better judgement...I said yes. Having the party there was a great idea! It's just uber-expensive. Ah well...great memories...but it won't be happening again any time soon.

We were able to invite 30 kids and their parents could come for free. Sean invited all his cousins that could make it, most of his cub scout den and several of his friends from his karate class. His karate friends he hasn't seen for a couple of months so he was so excited to see them. He even invited several girls! Everyone had a great time. I made his cake and he said he loved it! I always make the cake too big and have tons left over...but this time I guess right. I didn't bring any cake or ice cream home with me! Just the way I like it! Sean got a few tangible gifts, but mostly he was given money. Money is the perfect gift for boys this age; they're so hard to buy for! His favorite "actual" gift was a set of walkie-talkies; those boys have been playing with those all week! He ended up with almost $100 and bought a new 3DS game, goodies and a big Lego set. I think he spent wisely.

As everyone left, they grabbed a goodie bag filled with candy, a water bottle and things that bounce. The party wasn't nearly long enough, but he was so grateful to everyone for coming and celebrating with him! Even Grandma 'Chele made it!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Sean! Congrats on the big 11! I love his cake, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete