9.04.2012

No White Ballet Flats

My sweet cousin, Lynda, gave us tickets to see Sugarland at the Usana amphitheatre last weekend. I'll be honest, I don't really know what songs they sing...but I do know they're country!  I was just excited for a free date night.  We dropped the kids off at Mama Sue's and Paka's house and went to dinner at Fiesta Ole (my favorite taco joint around).  When I left our house the skies were blue.  When we left FO, the skies were gray, the wind was blowing and it looked like we were in for a doozy.  Nevertheless, we forged ahead.  We parked, walked in the wind to the gates and stood in line.  And wouldn't you know it?  It started to rain!  Only for a few minutes, but still.  Now we were wet, and cold.  Very cold.  But, we figured we could push through...as long as it didn't rain again.

I promise, when I left the house I looked beautiful and put together and ready for a night on the town with my sexy husband.  After standing in line in the rain and wind...my tangled hair was put into a bun...and I felt superbly ugly.  Once the gates finally opened, we found our seat (thoroughly doused) and sat down.  We still had about 45 minutes until the concert started and the wind never stopped blowing.  About 10 minutes to 7, we decided neither of us are big enough fans of Sugarland to sit through that weather.  I would've toughed it out for Michael Jackson, but let's face it...he's dead, so that wasn't happening any time soon.  We stood up and left.  As we left the gates...the rain came down in buckets!  I was looking for the Foolish Man and Wise Man and wondering where their houses were!  By the time we made it back to the car....



...we were thoroughly drenched!  You can't tell in this picture (thank you crappy iPhone camera)...but we are sopping wet!  My chest and face were dripping water, mascara is all over under my eyes, my capri-clad legs were splashed with mud, my beautiful white ballet flats were now tan and I was depressed.  My wonderful date night was cut short.  We went back to the 'rents house and hung out and visited until it was time to go home. 


Still an ok night and I hope I get to see a concert at Usana one of these days.  But, not in the rain.  And not in white ballet flats.

No comments:

Post a Comment