11.19.2012

Priesthood Preview



Last night was our Ward's Aaronic Priesthood Preview for all the boys turning 12 next year.  It's still surreal to me that I have a son this age.  I don't feel old enough.  The Bishop said something tonight that really made me think.  He was asking the boys what power the world was created with, Jesus' raised the dead with, the sacrament is blessed with.  Of course, the answer was the Priesthood.  Then he said, "It's sobering to think that when you become a Deacon, you will pass the sacrament, the same thing Christ did.  Makes it seem more serious, doesn't it?".  I'd never thought of that before.  Christ passed the sacrament to His disciples.  Now, the young men pass the sacrament, using his authority and acting as his hands.  That thought just seemed to stick out at me tonight.

I'm so glad for the example Sean sets for me each day.  Almost every night he will remind me that we need to pray.  He willingly and without complaint gets up early for church each Sunday.  He's reverent during Primary (which is saying a lot when you think about how large our Primary is).  He was so excited to go to the meeting tonight.  He's excited to grow up.  I just hope it doesn't happen too quickly.  I hope the next 12 years go by a lot slower than the last 12 have.

No comments:

Post a Comment