7.01.2012

In the POTTY!

7 days ago, I began potty training Ava.  I stressed and worried about starting for weeks.  Little Sister showed me up in ONE DAY!  The first day, she had wet accidents throughout the day and one stinky accident on the morning of the following day.  Every time she had an accident I said, "Uh oh!  We don't got pee-pee in our panties!  We go pee-pee in the toilet.  Where do we go pee-pee?"  And Ava would say, "In the toilet!".  Not sure where the idea to only say those words came from...but it worked!  She has not had a single accident for almost an entire week and has stayed dry throughout the night almost as long!  I'm so excited for this milestone to be behind us.  Ava tells me when she needs to go potty and runs to the toilet as fast as she can.  We were even out and about at a park one night for at least 5 hours and she refused to go potty in the Port-A-Potty...so she held it the entire time!  What a great little learner!
 

1 comment:

  1. What a relief! So glad she is potty trained and doing well with it. That was so smart to use the same wordage every time she had an accident. You are truly inspired!

    ReplyDelete